Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Camera shy

What a fun time we are having with little Drew! He laughs, smiles, and lets out the cutest squeals of happiness. He is so good-natured and easy going. I am thanking God for such an easy, happy baby. I feel like the book I talked about in an earlier blog, 'The Happiest Baby on the Block", was right. A baby really comes into their own at about the 3 month mark. Drew has realized that there are lots of other exciting things to look at and explore outside of his own little baby bubble. The more silly faces and sounds you make, the bigger he smiles and the more he squeals. It is so fun getting him to smile.

Trying to catch those fishies!

Getting that smile on camera is almost next to impossible, though! As soon as he starts laughing or smiling, I grab the camera and try to get a picture. He becomes so interested in looking at the camera, he forgets to smile and wants to study the weird box that makes a bright flash in his eyes. So many of my pictures are taken right after he's been smiling and cooing like crazy. Oh well! Eventually I'll get some of his sweet smiles on film.

In keeping with the topic of photography, we took Drew to get his professional 3 month pictures done last weekend (pics to come soon!). I was all excited because he woke up in a good mood and was just so happy all day. I couldn't wait to get him to the photo studio and put him in his cute little preppy spring outfit and take some pictures! Wow... talk about a mood going south. Drew slept in the car on the way to the photo studio (he loves car rides) and woke up on the wrong side of the carseat!

We discussed poses with the photographer and agreed that we would start with the "au-natural" look, just a diaper with a black backdrop. We went in and got Drew undressed (he was fine, just a little groggy) and as I started putting the black diaper cover on him, he spit up all over himself and all over me. I was wearing a black shirt, for the family shots, so I handed the baby over to hubby so I could clean myself up while he cleaned the baby up. Drew seemed to feel a little better after that, and the photo shoot commenced. The photographer asked if we could get him to smile, but the boy won't smile unless you're right up in his face, which wasn't possible for the shots we wanted. We did end up getting some really cute pictures of him by himself, and then it was time for the family shots. As we were getting into position (Bill sitting, me standing and holding the baby up on Bill's shoulder), spit-up episode #2 happened, again... all over mommy. I could not believe it. Again, I cleaned myself up and the photo shoot continued.

Then it was time to change Drew into his cute preppy outfit for the final shots. He decided he was over the photo shoot and started screaming and turning all red. We tried everything to calm him down. Picture this... the photographer is blowing in his face and wiggling her fingers in front of him, I'm singing nursery rhymes and Bill is whistling. Talk about overstimulation! Poor kid! The whistling from daddy finally worked for a little bit and we got the last few shots, but not before he spit up again... all over his cute outfit and all over me. All I can say is that I am going to buy stock in Shout wipes.

This is what I looked like at my photo shoot!

Despite Drew's crankiness (he was just really tired and fell asleep once we got in the car), we actually did get some really good shots. It's amazing to look at these pictures and to compare them to the professional pics we got while we were in the hospital because Drew's looks have changed so much in 14 weeks.

Our little guy is getting bigger so fast! He's officially in "2"'s now for his diapers. I feel like we just started him in the "1"'s and he's already out of them! His body is so long that he's growing out of his 0-3 month clothes and even some of the 3 month outfits are looking a little small. I'm just looking forward to the weather getting warmer so I can put him in some of the cute summer short sleeve outfits we have for him.

Changing into my "2"'s- I'm getting to be such a big boy!

I just love that every day brings with it something new and exciting in the world of motherhood. This weekend, I will celebrate my first Mother's Day. The significance of being a mother means so much more to me now that I have my own child. I appreciate my own mother so much more now that I can grasp what it means to be a mom! Thank you mom for being there to teach, guide, and inspire me. I hope I can do the same for my son.
Sito & Gramps take good care of me while Mommy is at work

Uncle Tony's little buddy
I love my Grandma!
I'm getting so good at tummy time... next step...rolling over!

My first walk around the neighborhood (5-5-11)

I'll be sitting up in no time! 
14 weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment