Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bye-bye summer!

Drew is 19 months old now! I know I say it all the time, but I just don't know where the time is going!!! My little buddy and I have had such a fun summer together. I am so thankful that I chose to be a teacher. Having my summer off is the best perk ever...especially now that I have a child.

8-27-12   19 months old!

Drew made this summer so much fun for us. We stuck close to home, but it was good nonetheless. Maybe next year we'll go up north and Drew can brave the chilly waters of Lake Michigan. :)

What's new in Drew's world these days? Well, we are officially DONE with bottles. Hallelujah!!! It was my summer mission to be done with the bottle by the time I went back to school. Drew was drinking from the sippy throughout the day, but loved his morning and evening bottle of milk. Last week, I decided to go back to a sippy that we hadn't tried for a while and he took to it like a champ. It is shaped very similar to his bottle, which I think made it easy for him. Oh my gosh, it's so nice having my counter space back from his bottle drying rack. It's the littlest things that make me happy these days!!!
Nuk active sippy cup- Best transition sippy ever! 
The last time we took Drew to the doctor he weighed in at 31 pounds. We will find out how tall he is at his next well visit in 2 weeks. He's growing out of most of his 24 month/2T clothes. His jacket for fall is a 3T, as are most of his shirts. Thank goodness for my best friend who has boys. We have acquired some great hand-me-downs for our ever-growing boy!

Over the last month, Drew has acquired several new skills. He's becoming our little outdoorsman. He's learned how to "ride" his truck, Flintstone-style outside. He's been trying for awhile, but could only manage to go backward. All of a sudden, the other day it all just "clicked" and he began moving forward. Now, it is one of his favorite things to do. Drew also LOVES to go for rides in his wagon. As soon as we step in to the garage, he runs to his wagon, points to it and says "a-wah", which clearly means he wants to go for a ride. He also has been enjoying throwing his ball around and learning how to play with his new t-ball set. We're starting him young! He would stay outside until it got dark if we let him!
Going for a ride in his "a-wah"
Playing with his ball in the back yard
"Flintstone-ing" it down the sidewalk

A few weeks ago we took Drew to the splash park for the first time. He seemed to enjoy it, but was very particular about which splashy features he played with. He tended to stick with the smaller spraying ones or the ones that lightly misted him. He did not like it when his face got sprayed and would run to mommy or daddy for comfort (or to wipe his face on our dry legs). Maybe next year he'll be ready for the bucket that soaks you with water. We'll see! :)
He loved the gentle water sprayers

With the "spider" sprayer

Mr. Observant- taking it all in

Loving the water!

Even though I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, I know all good things must come to an end. In 2 days, I'll be back to work and Drew will be back to full-time daycare. It's a little bittersweet, but it'll be okay. Soon, fall will be upon us and we'll have a lot of new "firsts" to look forward to.
He fits perfectly in his Tonka truck :)
Mmmm...Mommy's smoothie is yummy!
Tired toddler!

Saying "broom-broom" for his truck

He loves ketchup!
Out to dinner- our self-portrait :)
First bite of a Krispy Kreme donut

No comments:

Post a Comment