Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What a difference a year makes!

I cannot believe how fast one year flies by. Last year at this time, Bill and I were planning our wedding and looking for a house to start our lives in together. We had put in an offer on a house that needed a lot of repairs and decided that it wasn't for us. We heard about new construction homes being built in Warren and thought we would check it out, even though it seemed too good to be true. On March 1, 2010 we chose the lot (which was literally a hole in the ground) that would become our home.

The beginnings of our new house- March 1, 2010

I remember standing there looking at that hole in the ground and wondering what life would be like in our brand new home as a married couple. I never would have guessed that exactly a year later, I would be nursing a baby to sleep, comforting cries in the middle of the night, singing nursery rhymes, and kissing the cheeks of my adorable new son in that house. What a difference a year makes!

This Week's Happenings: 

Andrew is a month old already! It literally has been a blur, as I cannot tell which day is which, due mostly to the major lack of sleep. I am averaging about 3-4 hours of sleep each night, with hopes of some short naps during the day (on the rare occasion that Drew decides to nap for any length of time).

Today was Drew's one month checkup with Dr. Fisher, the pediatrician. He weighed in at 9 pounds 5 ounces, which puts him right where we want him, according to the doctor. He is in the 90th percentile for his length, which the doctor proclaimed as "long and lean". Everything was perfect and Drew is healthy in every way. Dr. Fisher assured Bill and I that we are doing great as parents and that we could teach some of the other new parents that he sees a thing or two. It was so nice to have that reassurance that we are doing everything right!

The only concerns we had were that Drew seems to be a little fussy lately, which we think is just gas. Dr. Fisher told us to buy some Mylicon drops and try that to see if it makes a difference.

The other concern we had stems from my 3rd trimester ultrasound, which showed some fluid on one of Drew's kidneys. Typically, this condition usually clears itself up after birth as long as the baby is going to the bathroom regularly, which Drew is. I am going to try to schedule the ultrasound appointment for next week and we should know right away if the fluid is still present. I'm believing that it has disappeared, since Drew seems fine. Dr. Fisher doesn't seem to think it's a big deal either, which makes me feel better.

Fun Times: 


We tried Andrew in his swing this week, which he loves. It lights up and plays music and he is just enthralled with it. Thanks to our friends Kim and Steve for this awesome "hand-me-down"!

Even though he's crying, he really does like it!


On another note, I feel bad for our poor dogs. They have been so neglected since we brought the baby home. Don't get me wrong, they are still very spoiled, but they have just dropped a few notches on the totem pole here at the Pantuso house. They really have taken well to the baby and Maizey loves to come and cuddle up next to Andrew as he is nursing. This however can pose a problem, as we witnessed the other night. I gave Andrew to Bill after I nursed him so Bill could burp him. Maizey got a little too close and Andrew spit up all over her face... poor dog!

Poor Maizey! 
We also had more visitors this week! My Aunt Jeanette, Uncle John and my cousins Leah, Stephen, Samuel, and Miriam came to visit. They brought us a great dinner and it was so nice to see them with the baby.



This Week's Celebrations: 

We are on our last box of newborn diapers! Andrew is growing so much, that we're moving him on to size 1's as soon as this box is gone! He's still wearing newborn clothes though. It's funny because the newborn size says it goes up to 8 pounds, but Andrew still has lots of room in them. I've tried some his cute 0-3 month outfits on him, but he's still swimming in them.
Trying on the size 1 diapers

We've started Bill bottle feeding a few times during the weekends so that Drew can get used to the bottle before I go back to work. We weren't sure how he was going to take to the bottle, but he loves it! He's downing 3-4 ounces in 15 minutes. The boy loves his milk! Hopefully I can pump enough to keep up with him!!!

We're thinking little Drew is starting to understand the meaning of "night time". He's been sleeping better during the night and slept for almost 5 hours straight the other night. I can't tell you how happy I was about that! More sleep is always a bonus!

So much to be thankful for. I just love this little guy! :)

1 month old- February 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment